About once a week I go out for a short 2 mile run around the neighborhood to mix things up. Ever since I got here I've had to stop and cough up a lung every time to get the mountain air out. Well, today I was finally able to run it all without stopping and when I got back I wasn't even coughing! My body must be adjusting to Utah... finally. I'll probably try the run again but I'm not getting my hopes up that I'll be able to do it again because knowing my body it was just tricking me into thinking I'm safe.
It was a successful day!
(I also made fondue that was enjoyed across the board at home...mmmmmmmm)
3 comments:
Yes I totally remember when I first moved to Utah, I had the same experience. Travis and I went on a hike for one of our first dates and I was so out of breath! I didn't want him to think I was a wimp, but the thin air out here sucks! I miss California for that! (Among many other reasons as well). I can exercise twice as long out there! I've gotten so much better since I've lived here, but whenever I have a hiatus of not exercising, (like now, for example) when I get back into it, I struggle just as bad as the first day. Ugh!
Thin air - glad you are adjusting. the eyes and nose are what bother me most in Utah. Love ya
good ol' Utah altitude! I loved seeing you in Utah Britta...by the way, what's with the "SOLVEIG"?
Post a Comment